Our Vision: “Building CT’s Economy, Communities and Better Lives One Home at a Time.”
Our Mission: “Using Effective Advocacy & New Knowledge to Solve Our Member’s Problems.”
The HBRA of Connecticut, Inc. represents the home building, land development, and remodeling industry in Connecticut:
Over 900 member firms employing over 30,000 people throughout the state
We are the “State HBRA” – the statewide component of a federation of affiliated but distinct organizations, including the National Association of Home Builders (“NAHB”) (located in Washington, DC) and four local HBRAs in Connecticut.
Our “Builder” member firms are engaged in new residential construction (both single-family and multifamily units), new light commercial construction, remodeling and renovation of existing residential and commercial buildings, and land development activities on residential, commercial and industrial zoned land.
Our “Associate” member firms are in businesses providing supplies, services, and expertise to the building, remodeling, and land development industries.
See Value of an HBRA Membership
- The state HBRA’s Board of Directors, Senior Officers, committees, councils, and task groups, working together as a team with professional staff, offer HBRA members many opportunities to solve industry problems and promote its growth, upholding the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, work ethic, association management expertise and industry knowledge.
- We are a non-profit, 501(c)(6), professional trade association organized in 1960
- Annual HOBI “Home Building Industry” Awards Dinner (usually November)
- CT Developers Forum – Monthly meetings of the Statewide Special Interest Forum
PR, COMMUNICATIONS and CONSUMER AFFAIRS
- Setting the record straight in the media to support our advocacy role
- Effecting a positive public opinion of the industry
- “Op ed” articles, Letters to the editor, Press releases, good research, data, articles to support the industry
- Enhancing communication, information and tools for members to improve their businesses and get the permits and approvals they need
- On-line resources for consumers, including how to find a reputable builder or remodeler in CT
- Lobbying the state legislature and agencies
- Annual Home Building Industry Day at the Capitol (HBID)
- “Friend-of-the-court” briefs in legal cases
- Grassroots link for HBRA members to Congress
- Working with allied and other interest groups to affect sound public policies
Please contribute to HDF – Your help goes a long way to improve our industry
HBRA Build-PAC and Political Action Committee
- Promoting state legislative candidates friendly toward our concerns
- Supporting the NAHB Build-PAC and the HBRACT’s Gov’t Affairs efforts thru the Annual Fiano Family Golf Classic